Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Celebrating Christmas....

I think there is no better way of celebrating Christmas than with the children. Christmas is for children, I guess.

Over the weekend, I had the chance of taking my time off with over 50 children, who -- if not attending Saturday Cathechism classes that my organization have been conducting for the past three years now--are in the streets peddling fruits, cigarettes, candies and other goodies. (Sadly, some of these kids were pushing drugs for some unscrupulous grown-ups.)

Thanks to some people with generous hearts, we were able to treat the children dinner, play with them, showcase thier talents in singing, dancing and poetry; and most of all, give them a couple of gifts to their heart's delight.

Yeah, what the children's tiny hands had carried on the way home may just wear out and perish soon. But we hope the daylong affair of being cared for and given importance by their Kuyas and Ates, familiar or not, was something that will forever stay in their hearts.


And I guess, Christmas is for the children-at-heart, too. Because I enjoyed the event, perhaps more than the kids did.

No comments: