Monday, September 20, 2004

just a weekend thing...

Today is Monday and I want to start my day right…and that is by blogging…

My weekend was a blast…

Saturday. attended a talk by adrian ding and anthony pangilinan on “excellence in the workplace”…they shared a bunch of tips on how to live a life with purpose and a balanced life…what they said were not really new things but it’s good to be reminded about life’s basic things once in a while… in striking a balance between out professional life, relational life and personal life, it’s always the latter that is compromised the most…yes, we loved to dream, BIG dreams at that, but if we don’t take care of our physical self, at the least, forget about them because it is our BODY that will take us to our DREAMS – a fact, ironically, too obvious to be noticed…oh, by the way, I had to cut classes inorder to get myself to the seminar (sshhh..) , but it was a decision, (or demeanor?), I didn’t regret coz that’s one of the things I would later learn from it: “I’ve got to learn to say ‘NO’ to honor my ‘YESes’

Sunday. oh, it was a body-care day! after attending church, I, together with girlfriends yani and rhea went for some soothing back rub and facial touch to say goodbye to the previous week’s stresses.. after over an hour we stepped off the health club feeling light and fresh amidst the kiss of the afternoon sun and decided…it’s time for a mouth exercise! …so we had some pizza and iced tea…. burp…ooopps.. it’s time to go for the weekend ritual---- MOVIES!!! We’re sooo lucky to chance upon the last leg of the 3-day Cine Europa (europian film festival ) at SM City Cenimas…our eyes feasted on Czech’s award winning film—Divided We Fall…the flick happened in a Czech town occupied by Nazis (late 1940’s, toward the end of WW II) where a childless couple came across a young Jewish man named David and kept him in a pantry for years. It’s a dramatic film with a twist of black comedy about fighting for survival…between 1 and 10, I give it a 9!!!


Enough of the psychedelic limbo…it’s time to deal with the real world…

No comments: