Wednesday, September 29, 2004

good ol' friends...

“make new friends but keep the old, one is silver the other is gold”

it’s always refreshing to see long-lost friends again…

yesterday , I bumped into my two ol’good-looking guy buddies whom I’d not seen for what, a century? Buddy1 is an MD with a toxic schedule balancing practice and studies with TV soap opera guestings and badminton tourneys; been based in Manila finishing up his fellowship chuchu in internal medicine… he’s in town and had three days to paint it red. Buddy2 is a gimikiro-turned-genius, now burying himself into loads of books, if not his fingers into the barren skin and bones of innocent cadavers, to keep up his top 7 slot in a reputable medical school … Body 3 , I mean Buddy3 (that’s me), does nothing but balancing between sanity and insanity….see how BUSY everybody is??? But being pre-occupied with so many things doesn’t mean though that there is no room for distractions, at least for positive distractions like going out for a date…

as the visiting UFO, Buddy1 called the shot of inviting me and Buddy2 for a dinner in a certain resto. being the most organized person (just schedule-wise) of the day, I set the time and negotiated for the change of venue. I had to catch a meeting afterwards. the negotiation took loads of text messages and arguments before the two gave in because they also had appointments, one had a badminton tourney to beat, the other had books waiting. In an emphatic manner I told them: gentlemen, my meeting concerns nation building! So they shut up and conceded.

So we ended up converging in a Chinese resto. there were only three of us but it seemed like we’re in a frenzied corporate meeting passionately debating over the question: “If you only have three strands of hair left on your scalp, which is better: have them grouped or scattered?” Geesh, everybody was screaming and blurted out 120 words per minute!!! ( I counted them.) Yes, there were just a thousand and one things to catch up with each other, and we just had barely an hour to do it!

between bites and ruckus LOLs, we managed to cover a wide range of topics from showbiz to politics, from sports to weddings, from beauty to madness, from hair to nails…

and before I knew it, I was almost an hour late to the meeting…dang! so I almost literally flew to the venue only to be met by a locked door making faces at me….

Now , that’s what I call LIFE!

No comments: